Monday, April 10, 2006

Anticipation Makes Thai Food Better

Is the only explanation I can think of for my failed attempt to eat Thai before the bar crawl on Saturday. I got to the restaurant at 6pm and there were 3 of the 20 or so tables occupied, for a total of about 10 people in the restaurant. The hostess asked me if I was alone, and asked if I had a reservation. I was and didn't, so she walked off without saying anything. Since many restaurants let you seat yourself, I assumed this was the case and was about to sit when she starts looking at her book of tables. After a few minutes of deep thought, she comes back and tells me that they'll be ready for me at 7:30. Fearing a misunderstanding, I repeat the time, and she says "yes, a half hour. No, an hour and a half." I stare for a second, unbelieving, then laugh & walk out.

No comments: