Learning with the Stars!
We love our reality shows, game shows and stupid celebrities, and I've found a way to combine them all -- "Whose Hypotenuse Is It Anyway?" The general idea is that you take a topic (i.e. "tuna vs. chicken"), a pair of celebrities that have shown either general or specific ignorance: say Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton, and you lock them in a room with books and sufficiently hilarious teachers (Dennis Miller has time) to teach them the topic of the week. At the end of the show, there's a test, and the winner gets a seaweed facial, Hummer, Dolce & Gabbana Razr, etc., and the loser has the choice of a) another week of learning or b) swimming 30 feet in a shark-infested tank. Obviously the budget will be high to accomodate so many hungry sharks, but I think it could work. Here are a few "guests" and their subjects to learn:
1) Newt Gingrich and Ted Kennedy, Ethics
2) Dr J and Shawn Kemp, Condom Usage
3) Shawn Bradley and Gerald Ford, Running without Tripping on One's Own Feet
4) Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds, Hush Money to Flunkies
5) Ralph Wiggum and Donald Rumsfeld, What's a Battle?
6) Mel Gibson and Billy Martin (via Seánce during Sweeps Week), Knowing When to Say When