Friday, December 21, 2007

Mmmmm... Steak...


I've been remiss in posting lately mainly because I've been having entirely too much fun. While stories will wait for photos, I will say that it's been great to cook for my friends again. Tuesday night Chad, Court & I ("The Third Wemyss") had a fabulous meal of stuffed & bacon-wrapped anaheim peppers, garlic & cheese baked mashed potatoes, steaks with blue cheese butter (recipe below, make it NOW!), a nice Burgandy wine (mmmm... Pinot Noir) and Key Lime Pie for dessert. Normally I wouldn't recommend a meal this fabulous on a school night, but one has to make exceptions for the holidays!

Blue Cheese Butter (from "Grilling" by Eric Treuille, blatantly reprinted without permission:
1/2 lb butter (1 cup), softened
1/2 cup blue cheese (get the good stuff!)
2 tsp pepper

mix all this in a bowl or a blender (lazy bastards!), then plop it on a sheet of aluminum foil. Roll it up & toss in the freezer for 30 min or so to harden. The keep in freezer or move it to the fridge. Cut off slices as necessary. Will keep until it goes bad!

No comments: