Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dealing With Olympics Withdrawal



Having trouble making it through the day with no beach volleyball, Redeem Team or Michael Phelps fix? Here's a little trick I discovered to keep the Olympic spirit alive.

When I enter an elevator with other people, I give them a quick glance and then "race" them to touch the button for my floor. When I win, I immediately start jumping and yelling "YES!", often adding tears of joy if I can muster them.

As they leave the elevator, stand at attention, put your hand over your heart and start singing "The Star Spangled Banner". This really gets the crowd going.

However, I've found that draping myself in the flag is overkill. And HR just instituted a "no gold medal" dress code, so check your company's policy first.

No comments: