Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Gustav?



Since we won't be seeing any children named Katrina anytime soon, I guess we should thank the Weather Nerds for killing the name Gustav for the foreseeable future. Actually, I think that tropical storms should be named after book, movie and comic villains. If my house were destroyed, I would prefer it to be done by Hurricane Vader than Hurricane Jane (though that has a nice ring to it).

And why can't we sell naming rights to these (before the season starts)? I think some of the costs of the service could be offset by angry men & women naming violent storms after their exes. Or as a birthday present. Hurricane Chaddissimo, anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm opposed to naming rights on stadiums, but THIS I could support.

jtingermany said...

I knew I could count on ONE supporter!