So, the Senate Republicans, in a move unmotivated by partisanship, delineated the items that they consider pork in the new Senate stimulus package (because there was clearly no pork in the 5 all-GOP budgets of the Bush years). Here are a few of note:
• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.
We don't want to pay the FBI? Aren't they kind of the ones preventing terrorism here in the USA?
• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.
Clearly rich white men have nothing to do with the problems that lead to alcoholism for Native Americans.
• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.
If there's no headquarters, there's no target for terrorists, right?
• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.
Damn STD's. Always loafing, wanting more money from the government.
• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.
This is a lot. Unless, of course, there will be nudity. Then it's reasonable.