Monday, April 27, 2009

Larry Fine, Patron Saint of Easily Stolen Objects




As my train left the station on Friday afternoon, I realized I'd managed to leave my hoodie in the basket on my bike. Oh well, easy come, easy go. Over the weekend I kept joking that the homeless people and drug addicts of the dorf were honest, salt-of-the-earth types. And as I walked back to unlock Larry Fine, what do I see but a blue hoodie in the basket? The way I see it, there are three explanations:
1. The homeless people, drug addicts and random jackasses at the train station in the dorf are honest, salt-of-the-earth types
2. The light-fingered inhabitants of the dorf feel that my hoodie isn't cool enough for them
3. My bike, Larry Fine, performed a miracle of protection & saved my hoodie.

Now we see that the 1st two are clearly impossible, so, applying Occam's razor, the third must be true. If any of you have contacts at the Vatican, let me know.

1 comment:

Jadarockstar said...

You are my favorite. :)