Sunday, April 12, 2009
This Week on "Germany's Next Top Sandwich"
I don't want to toot my own horn, but I make a damn fine sandwich. Here's the recipe for my latest:
1. Call your mom & have her fly/drive over ASAP.
2. Buy some moroccan flat bread. Resist temptation to buy in bulk.
3. Cut a sandwich-sized chunk of bread & toast.
4. Apply a light coat of dijon mustard to one piece of bread and some slices of blue cheese (the stronger-tasting, the better -- skip the Bavarian Blue crap) to the other*.
5. Put a few slices of turkey between the bread and assemble the sandwich. Add a side of chips and salsa (homemade, if possible) and taste**.
6. After tasting something so tasty, you'll need to smack your newly-arrived momma. You can offer half your sandwich to her as a combination peace offering/explanation.
* Do not waste time on cleaning the stovetop before, during or after sandwich creation process.
** Or the countertops.