Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reason No. 11 Why I'm Glad I'm Not a Woman



As a guy, I never have to deal with this particular tableau (names have been changed):

The setting is an office cubicle. A woman, Tara, sits at her desk on a conference call. A second, *slightly* slimmer woman approaches from behind her and places her arm next to Tara's as if comparing wrists. Tara notices and...

Tara (Covers the phone): I'm on a call -- What are you doing?
Christy: Arnold is giving his wife a bracelet and wanted to know what size. She's bigger than me, so I thought of you.
Tara: Me?
Christy: Yes, I have small, delicate wrists -- yours are much bigger.
Tara (Barely suppressing rage): I have to go.
----

This would never happen between two guys -- the whole charade to imply that one person is fatter/flatter/less attractive just doesn't happen. Not that men are perfect at human interaction, but this particular annoying tactic is almost entirely restricted to the ladies. You have fun with that!

No comments: