Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What DO They Produce?



I'm not sure how much you'd have to pay me to be CEO of a company called "BJ Services", but $34 million would probably be enough. That's what James Stewart (not the guy from "Vertigo", I checked) made last year -- even as the company's stock price cut in half. The company was bought last month by Baker Hughes for $5.5 billion.

Please insert your own joke about the value of BJ Service. Here are a few to get you started:

- The opening of the Russian markets apparently has flooded the marketplace with cheap competition.
- At half the price, BJ is a better deal than ever!
- Apparently, Stewart's decision to get rid of "the Bear" was a disastrous choice.
- Fran Hughes, wife of Baker Hughes founder and owner Baker "Chuckles" Hughes commented, "If I'd known he was willing to pay that much, I would've changed my name to Monica Lewinsky Hughes."
- The stock is the most traded stock amongst Wall Street brokers -- and the only one that brokers request being withheld as a line item on expense reports.

No comments: