Friday, November 20, 2009

Adventures in Recovery



One of the joys of crutches is that previously mindless tasks, such as going to the bathroom or taking a bath, become exciting new adventures. Which I rediscovered again yesterday as I learned that my bath outside my tub isn't nearly as stationary as its normally immobile state implies. Instead, it's a death trap lying in wait for the careless gimp to put a crutch on and ... BOOM! The next thing you know, I have to gimp (it's a verb and a noun, deal with it) my ass to the doctor for an x-ray (much cooler German name: Röntgen, after the discoverer). Prognosis: the pain is just a friendly reminder from my body not to be a dumbass, rather than an indicator of a major problem. Hooray?

On the bright side, the mass of gauze wrapping my foot has now been replaced by a rather underwhelming bandage.

No comments: