Saturday, January 23, 2010

2010 Resolutions - 10 Beers Update



(Facebookers go here) This is definitely going to be the easiest of my resolutions to keep.  So easy, in fact, that I'm considering upping the difficulty to require that the 10 beers be tasted at the brewery.  Why?  Because my 1st two of the year, the Maxbräu dunkel and helles were from the brewery in Oberammergau (small town in Bavaria, pics to come later)

How were they?  The dunkel was good, smooth, but light.  The helles was also tasty, though not as good.

At dinner, I tried the Hasen Brau (you can really taste the rabbit!) from Augsburg.  It's light, drinkable, and a good accompaniment to the hearty Bavarian food.  It was not, however, up to the level of either the Augustiner or Andechs helles I had the next night in Munich.  But, then, what helles is up to the level of Andechs?

No comments: