Sunday, March 14, 2010

2010 Resolutions - 10 Beers March Update


FB readers go HERE for pics. After 2 months of no new beers, much less at a brewery (thanks a lot, King Wally). But Margaret bailed me out on our trip to Heidelberg when we stopped by the Vetter Brauerei.The tasty German food was nicely offset by three beers on tap:  a dunkel hefeweizen and a helles:
The helles was ok, but not spectacular. But the dark hefeweizen was quite tasty, and went very well with the food. I finished with the Terminator (and, yes, I did speak Ahnuld-ese).

It was hoppier than I like, but not bad. The verdict? Worth a stop if you're in Heidelberg, but I wouldn't plan a trip around it.

So far this year, I'm sort of halfway to the goal -- 10 new beers tried at the breweries. But I've only been to 2 different breweries. So I need to get cracking on my brewery visits. Fortunately, I have a few in the area I haven't been to.  I'll keep you posted, since I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats.

2 comments:

swcook said...

What good am I if I don't disappoint?

jtingermany said...

Not much, apparently.