Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I Told Dad Not To Open Email Attachments



But he did, and now he's in London. I got this email from him, my comments are in [RED].

Hi,
How are you doing today?. [Dad does love his double punctuation!] I am really sorry to bother you with this email but i just want you to know what i am facing right now.I am sorry that i didn't inform you about my traveling to London UK [Must be clear WHICH London!] for a Seminar [Must be an important seminar to be capitalized!],i am presently in London now [thanks for the heads up -- I thought you were at home recovering from brain surgery!] but unfortunately for me i lost my wallet in a taxi where my money and other valuable things were kept [He keeps his money and valuable things in a taxi? I had no idea].I have limited access to internet for now [not before -- that's how we got to this point] and i am not here with my cell phone.I will like you to assist me urgently with a soft loan of $2,500 USD [Good thing you added the "USD" so I knew what the "$" meant] to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home. I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively [those bastards!],i promise i will pay you back as soon as i return.Kindly let me know if you can be of help so that i can send you the details you will use to send the money to me here in London.

Joe. [Dad ALWAYS puts a period after his name, so it must be real]

No comments: