Monday, June 07, 2010

Schadenfreude - World Cup Warmup Edition

FBers go HERE for video

One of the downsides to soccer is that jackholes rarely get their comeuppance -- the combination of minimal contact and red cards means that you can be a complete tool* and never get the ass-kicking you so richly deserve. But, as proof that there is a God, I offer you Arjen Robben -- well-known as a whiny punk, he flops like there's no tomorrow. Are the soccer/football/fĂștbol gods pleased?


I would say no. Of course, if he didn't show off, would the** Netherlands have been able to hold a 6-1 lead in a meaningless game? We'll never know.

* Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm looking at you.
** I never know if I should capitalize "the" before "Netherlands". I also never care enough to find out.

1 comment:

Annchen said...

Cristiano Ronaldo a tool? Oh please, you must be kidding!