Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Just Don't Get It

So, ESPN had an article today entitled "Why You Should Care About Cricket". I read it, and I still couldn't care less about cricket. Coworkers from the subcontinent are enthralled, but, to me, it's slightly more boring than baseball -- and I find baseball incredibly boring.

I tried to summon a bit of interest, and so I read a bit of the "live"* commentary and got to this bit:

"What an emotionally draining first half it's been, this game is certainly living up to the hype! It's still poised on a knife-edge"

Ooooohhhhhhkay. Really? I guess if you consider "the will to live" an "emotion" then watching a match might be "emotionally draining" for me. Matches take all day, if not days. Even the Nike commercials are long:



So, needless to say, I'm not going to be watching the final.


* It's the only sport that you could swap the undead for the players and no one would know

No comments: