Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ghosts of Restaurants Past

The restaurant on the corner by me was apparently built on an ancient burial ground* -- it's not been able to stay open for more than a year in any of its many incarnations. I'm used to this, having lived in Dallas, where restaurants would sometimes change from a deli to an Indian restaurant during the lunch rush. But I've not seen one that holds onto its past like this one:

As you can see, it still has the signs from its last two ("Pizza King" and "La Mediteranee") and its doomed upcoming version, "Pastasatt meets Mexico"**. I'm hoping to have an update in 6 months with whatever the next iteration is.


* Neanderthal is just 10 miles from me, those extinct bastards are probably haunting it
** Yeah, I think it's a bad idea, too

No comments: