Saturday, April 23, 2011

Date Me, Marry The Next Guy

After dinner with an ex* this week, I realized that 4 of my last 5 exes have gotten married (or moved in with) their next boyfriend less than a year after we broke up. I have three theories about this.

  1. After dating me, the bar has been set so low that the woman will marry/shack up with whatever semi-decent guy she dates next (the glass half-empty).
  2. After dating me, she realizes that it's going to be impossible to find a better man**, and she commits to the next guy she dates (the glass half-full).
  3. It's just a coincidence (Schrödinger's glass***)

Now, those of you who know me well**** will quickly know which theory I believe. But the rest of you can guess.



* If you're thinking to yourself, "I didn't have dinner with JT this week", then it's a different ex. I'm developing a nice little collection! OK, "nice" isn't the word I originally chose. But whatever.
** Cue Pearl Jam. Or, if you have no taste, Robbie Williams.
*** Yeah, I know this isn't even vaguely similar to his cat.  But I liked how it sounded.
**** And I appreciate your judge sentencing you to community service so we could get to know each other.

3 comments:

Sean! said...

Actually that song was from the soundtrack to Into the Wild, written and preformed by Eddie Vedder himself.

And yeah, this happens to me a lot too. I choose to believe that they still lust after me in the chains of their marriage.

Anonymous said...

Haha, here too, except my exes tend to become fathers... I, too, have theries... /A-K

Anonymous said...

Theories, obviously... /Ann-Katrin