Sunday, July 29, 2012

Good Morning, Sunshine

It's really a shame that I woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep. Otherwise I would have had the pleasure of being awoken at 10:35am to a beautiful sunny day with a neighbor saying loudly, but calmly, "Go away. The police are on their way." Repeatedly. And in British-accented* English.

Unfortunately, due to the acoustics of my apartment's courtyard, I wasn't able to see either the source or the target of the yelling, so I don't know why the police were on their way, but I'm reasonably sure that they were.


Now back to my coffee and Kindle!


* It wasn't Scottish- or Northern Irish-accented English, but it might've been Welsh.  Or, to be fair, South African.  Or Dutch. I should just be honest and say that the man definitely was not sporting a North American accent.

1 comment:

Joy said...

LOL...had to laugh at this one. Also, love your new header on top the blog. Wish I was around when you were in Istanbul. :-)