Monday, July 16, 2012

My Yahoo Was Hacked

So, Yahoo!* had their customer data hacked, and I'm one of them.  They not only stole my Yahoo!** mail password, but somehow the scammers seem to have gotten into my Facebook AND have the ability to send texts from my phone.

So if any of you receive text messages/emails/Facebook updates from me that seem inappropriate, inebriated or poorly written, they're not just some drunken idiotry by me, they're the work of scammers, who have notoriously bad typing/grammar skill and don't have the filters that you would expect from me.  I apologize in advance***!  Also, any incriminating photos of me are probably being doctored by these guys.  They're quite diabolical and thorough.

* They should drop the exclamation mark, now that it's indicative of just how shitty their management was for so long, since no one has been excited about the company in years.
** Also, it's just annoying to type.  So I'm going to stop.
*** Also in retrospect for those of you who received some this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those of us who didn't get any messages are very disappointed :-/

bcdparsons said...

I wonder what TV show these hackers watch.

Nancy said...

Well that's a lovely excuse isn't it then...


Just sayin...

magpie said...

Nice try. Go change your passwords.

jtingermany said...

Magpie, I've tried changing my passwords, it doesn't work. And apparently they've been posing at me at parties for years. It's mortifying.

Nanc, I hadn't thought of it, but it would be a lovely excuse!