Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Treehouse of Horrors Exhumation Part 7

The Simpsons is now in its 26th season, which means the annual Treehouse of Horror Halloween episode is turning 25! Ratings are on a 0-5 scale, with 5 being the top, of course.

Treehouse of Horror XV (Season 16)  4 Not bad, not great.
  • Keepin' It Kodos Intro - 4.5 Kang, Kodos mocking 80s sitcoms? I'm in.
  • The Ned Zone - 4 Call me crazy, but I get all teary-eyed when a Simpson dies.
  • Four Beheadings and a Funeral - 4 Mocking British food and opium dens? Oh, yes.
  • In the Belly of the Boss - 3.5 A weaker final episode, but can you go wrong with a Vagrant Translator?
"Concussion...diddly. Hemorrhage... doodly. Injuries... bodily"
"What'd I die of? Too much happiness? Naked girl avalanche?"
"Lock him up until we find someone darker"
"At last, God-fearing Londoners are free to walk Whore Alley"

 Treehouse of Horror XIV (Season 15) 3.5 Actually, not bad at all.  And I have a feeling I might not've seen this before, so I've got that going for me*
  • Reaper Madness - 4 Music or not, it's not a Benny Hill parody without busty women or bad teeth. But I did like Homer as death. No Mort, but not bad.
  • Frinkenstein - 4 Jerry Lewis AND all the glavens you can make with the shaking of the stick and ohhhhhh!
  • Stop the World, I Want to Goof Off - 3 Actually, not bad. But not good, either.
"Would anyone like to see Mr. Simpson harvest a soul?"
"Mom used to say that we got along like positrons and anti-neutrinos. Glaven!"
"That doesn't make you any less of a man. Except, you don't have a penis"
"I did finish first in the Walk for the Cure... of homosexuality" Oh, Ned.


 Treehouse of Horror XIII (Season 14) 4 Wow! I was surprised by this one.
  • Send in the Clones - 4.5 A Gil sighting! And mocking of the Family Guy and original Homer.  Good times.
  • The Fright to Creep and Scare Harms - 4.5 Finally the liberals at Fox learn that guns are the solution!
  • The Island of Dr. Hibbert - 3.5 Meh. Started strong, finished poorly.
"Now to get me some caveman hookers!"
"He may try to slobber on your crotch." "Meh. I've been around Scotsmen."
"One activity you might enjoy is not asking questions! Heh heh heh."
"All I'm asking is yank the teats and harvest my milk"
Treehouse of Horror VI (season 7): Yet another classic. And the last segment is likely the smartest funny 7 minutes ever on Fox. Or just the smartest.
  • Attack of the 50 ft Eyesores - 5 Oh yes. A cross between giant ads and kaiju? I'll take it
  • Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace - 4.5 The classic horror parody was good, the Loony Tunes parody to start was even better.
  • Homer3 5 AThis was pretty amazing in 1995. It's still cool now, even if my phone could create these graphics. Not me, mind you, but my phone could. Still, name ONE other comedy in the history of television that might have so many math jokes**. Real ones, not the craptacular ones in Big Bang Theory***. Seriously. This may be the episode of network comedy most loaded with semi-advanced math and physics. Which is simultaneously sad and awesome
"I told you, Flanders has it. Or Moe. Go kill Moe."
"Well, OK. If it'll end horror."
"Do not touch Willie. Good advice."
"Do you see towels? If you see towels, you're probably in the linen closet again."
"OW! Watch it, coney!"
"Here is an ordinary square." "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, egghead."

* Which is nice
** Go to Wolfram alpha and type "1782" in the arithmetic field and auto-correct pulls up the equation from this episode.
*** Which I enjoy

No comments: