Treehouse of Horror XVII (Season 18) 2.5 Another 1-for-3 outing. These were dark years, indeed.
- Married to the Blob - 3 Starts ok, but the dark turn doesn't do much. But it is good to hear Dr. Phil mock himself.
- You Gotta Know When to Golem - 1 Two of my least-favorite comedians in one bit!
- The Day The Earth Looked Stupid - 4.5 Kang, Kodos, Brain! Woo hoo!
"No! Today's teens have enough problems without me trying to eat them"
"What did we Germans ever do to deserve this? Oh, right."
"We have nothing to fear but these aliens and their vastly superior killing technology."
"I'm starting to think that Operation Enduring Occupation was a bad idea."
Treehouse of Horror XVI (Season 17) 3 A great intro and only one good segment is a mixed bad.
- Kang and Kodos vs. Baseball - 5 Never has an intro spoken more to me.
- BI Bartificial Intelligence - 2 Another movie I haven't seen, another unfunny parody.
- Survival of the Fattest - 4 Homer resorting to cannibalism in less than a day.
- I've Grown a Costume on Your Face - 2.5 Meh. Started strong, finished poorly.
Treehouse of Horror V (season 6): 5 Not a surprise, as this has long been my favorite Treehouse, situated nicely in what is probably my favorite season. I even did a college project on the efficacy of short-form parody of horror movies. And you wonder why I opted for a liberal arts college.
- The Shinning - 5 Name one thing wrong with this segment. Can't think of one? Of course you can't. Trivia: this episode is the source of my much-hated wifi password.
- Time and Punishment - 5 A parody of a classic Ray Bradbury story? Why not?
- Nightmare Cafeteria - 4.5 A craptacular movie gets a parody that great improves it. And the special effects look more realistic in pastel than in the movie. God, I hated it.
"You stay here till you're no longer insane. Hmmm. Chili would be good tonight."
"Oh, I wish, I wish I hadn't killed that fish"