German Obsessions: Part I
Scott* & I have been discussing various German obsessions, and here some of them are, in no particular order:
1. Tanning: Apparently this is the average German's defense against terrorism and global warming. They make East Texas sorority girls look pale and well-adjusted.
2. Polo Shirts: Clubs, casual Friday at the office, running, the gym -- the pink polo shirt goes anywhere, for either sex, as long as the collar is popped.
3. Jaywalking: Jaywalking Americans will be the first ones up against the wall when the putsch comes, I can tell you. German drivers actually ACCERLERATE when they see jaywalkers. It's every German driver's dream to kill a pedestrian and watch the cops write a ticket to a corpse.
4. Mayo: Jules from Pulp Fiction was right -- they love that shit. The average German, by my estimate, eats 10 lbs of mayo. A month. It's disgusting.
* If anything makes you laugh, I probably stole it from him.