- This was the first HP movie to feature a gratuitous cleavage shot -- the camera zoomed in Hermione after the freefall. It was like accidentally seeing cleavage of a friend's young daughter -- kind of weird
- Hermione trying to be Bellatrix Lestrange was pretty awesome -- that Helena Bonham Carter sure can act.
- The Harry Potter movies are probably the only movies of the last decade to be set in the "modern world" AND to have no cell phones. Teens NOT texting? Kinda surreal
- Did anyone else think it odd that the teens were facing a war for their existence, yet they took time to express their long-suppressed feelings of love? If not, why don't we see these kids of scenes in war movies?
- I'm thinking Harry would have about 2 months of adulation in front of him before the Brit tabloids turned on him and started claiming that he was in league with Voldemort
- Dumbledore got off easy in the movie -- none of the shadiness that was in the book. Also, unsurprisingly, none of the hints of his homosexuality, either. Odd, those not appearing in a major movie in fairly homophobic America. Hmmmm.
Finally, a big shout-out to Tobias for the word "Nerdistan"!
* Not a good harbinger for the upcoming endings to Wheel of Time or A Song of Ice and Fire. At least for the latter we won't have to worry about that for a few decades
** A "Dave Barry Slept Here" reference. If you haven't read it, you damn well should.