- If you live in a city with an inordinately large Japanese population, 2 words: house party. I can't say that all Japanese fans shriek loudly every time that their team is in a threatening position, but the ones at Fatty's definitely did.
- On the bright side, this only happened 6 or 7 times. On the down side, Japan scored on two of these
- Courtesy of Big T: FIFA needs to institute a rule that hitting the post 5 times in a match is a goal. The USA would've won 2-1 or 3-1 in regulation if this were the case
- In a World Cup final, screwing with the ball in front of your goal is a BAD idea. Both Japan goals were courtesy of the USA not clearing well. Who clears the ball ACROSS the goal?
- Based on how much more confident the same players were on their PKs vs Brazil and vs Japan, I'd say that momentum is kind of huge. The USA had 5 fairly unstoppable kicks against Brazil and not even 1 against Japan*.
- That kick save by the Japanese keeper was pretty awesome. Especially because she looked pretty lost for most of the game
- Having a sign that says "Hope Solo is the Bomb" is a bit insensitive when the USA plays Japan. At least spell it "da Bomb"**
* Wambach's was going to get saved if the keeper guessed right
** That suggestion courtesy of Big T!