Sunday, September 13, 2009

You Stay Classy, Serena



Um, wow. To say that Serena lost her cool would be an understatement. Her tirade at a lineswoman was amazing -- I'm pretty sure she'd have been given a straight red in soccer for this.

According to ESPN.com's report on the match, she said "I swear to God I'm [expletive] going to take this [expletive] ball and shove it down your [expletive] throat, you hear that? I swear to God."

I do like McEnroe's complete silence on the tirade -- he limits himself to criticizing the lineswoman and says nothing in relation to Serena's rant. Which is disappointing, since he is definitely the person best qualified to dissect the quality of her meltdown. It's like having Bobby Knight announce a game and refuse to discuss a coach throwing a chair. I have to give Mac a point penalty his performance.

"Disingenuous" seems to have been her choice of tactics for the press conference afterward:

No comments: